28 December 2005

A blog isn't necessarily a diary?

Someone's read me! Evidence is a count of 4 accesses of my profile. And I've only sent the URL to 3 people.... All questions of literary concern flood my mind. Who am I writing for? What quality standard do I set myself? (What if people only ever access my profile and never make Comments?) Nice to have ideas here that aren't about old parents, leaving them, all that stuff.

Weather contrast: 55 F in Louisville at 01:20; Much Colder in Kent, with road to the Dover Docks in trouble. (The M20 is in trouble. Why is the A2, stalwart route, not mentioned?) But the ferries are running apparently, and win as usual: least bit of trouble and the Tunnel closes. Dover Rules Okay! My pension may yet be safe.... We may get rain tomorrow in Louisville.

Henry wants his photo posted - I've promised to get on to it. And today I did post - at the Post Office - two boxes of summer clothes back to Kent. They should arrive in Feb, plenty of time.
It was my first gesture of Moving Out Soon, along with taking the Explorer (I could post its picture too) for an oil change and Inspection.

Those car services are free on Tuesdays for people 58 and older. Another first... taking advantage of being my age.

Huge question: do I spend say $250 for a thorough valeting and tire balancing for the Explorer, so Potential Buyers will get the Best Impression? Or do I not. 'Not' means washing and vacuuming the beast myself, a big argument for paying out!

Frances was down, tearful a lot today: a bad day. She's internalised the restrictions of being Home Bound, imposed by Medicare rules on what in the UK would be called District Nursing services, for her leg ulcers and blood thinness monitoring. Tried to get her to say she'd like to go out next Tuesday for her birthday; all she'd say is she can't.

We did call the Insurance lady, left a voice message. Frances doesn't remember the discussions about it all. I had to manufacture conscious patience with her today.

Hair appointment on 7 Jan - will be shaggy. Narnia Lion; New Orleans zoo lion? No - both better kept than my hair. Bourbon. Kiwanis - I could make that a hyperlink, as there is a Kiwanis website; maybe later. Lost debit card, cancelled by bank so I can't get to online account info. Maybe I'm not broke again yet? Patty can't find the angel nightlight present - I'm sure I took it over. Frances variously wants to order another one, or have me go help Patty hunt for it. Frances did a proper supper tonight, first in ages; and berated herself for using old potatoes. I hate the Kennedy Center Awards: posh This Is Your Life squirminess. Sweater is growing, back almost done. Can tell where yarn changes. My friend's mother hasn't died yet, apparently.

Henry says it will be okay, and lots of times, that's enough for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home