02 January 2006

No marathon

I'm using this blog thing as confessional therapy, eh? Well, I guess that's one of the legitimate uses of the facility.

The Louisville Courier-Journal ran an Op-Ed warning us not to regard blogs as real journalism. Real journalists are, effectively, peer-reviewed, work hard to give verified facts. Bloggers can say what they like, don't have to credit sources or support opinion or distinguish opinion from fact.

Okay - I'm warned. I use the C-J for Louisville news, and the main networks, reputable web sites, and public radio. I don't have time to look for news in blogs. Do you?

But I do read at least one blog, and appreciate artful craft and truthful account when I find it. Thank you - don't apologise. Such writing sets a standard for paring the confession, the personal noise, to a form others can use it, or at least be moved by it, be given pause.

Henry says we blog and learn, and will also forgive me if I need to write too much again. Everyone should have a personal penguin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home