11 January 2006

limits

I have a friend who I love, to the extent that I do tell him when things he does bother me. A limit on that l0ve may be about me not takeing good enough care, to not tell him hurtful things when he's 'down'. But should I refrain? How do I know? Guess I'm a bully, and I can't process him. Can't guarantee that I'll always know when he's feeling poorly.

I really can't deal with how ill he is. He will not die: I assert it, insist upon it.

He apologises: Why? I mean, as an identity, apologising sucks! In defense of up-life-god-stars or angels it might be cool - I think that's what the Apologistic movement was about. But factor in current culture, and the implication is one of guilt. I vote for the Assertionist!

And what's it got to do with me? Well.... If my friend Apologises, either to argue for a particular philosophical position, or to present decremented persona, I have also to take a position. That's the logic of it, isn't it? I and all friends are on the back foot, to respond.

Look, mate, you're all okay in my view! Nothing to apologise for! Or, please spell out your position so I can consider it. I can't understand you if you don't explain. Dialogue.

It's me to apoligise now. My friend doesn't want to deal with any of the logic and emotion I present. I am a cruel or thoughtless friend, probably. I've been round this cycle several times: maybe blogging will anchor it, give me cease.

Henry says just ignore me. Get on, me, with real stuff - sorting out papers to keep or throw out. Go to bed, for goodness sakes!

Henry's lucky/glad hes's just a stuffed, soft creature.

Good night, Henry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home